In order to boost tourism Zambia and Zimbabwe launched testing project called Uni Visa For Zambia and Zimbabwe in December 2014.
Univisa allows easier and cheaper border crossing at Victoria falls from Zambian Side. the cost of Uni Visa For Zambia and Zimbabwe is only 50 USD and travellers are allowed to cross border without a problem.
Not a while ago, those who visited Victoria falls can remember the cost of border crossing added to travel budget, either paying for double entry to Zambia which costs 80 USD and additional money for Zimbabwe day tripper visa.
Uni Visa For Zambia and Zimbabwe is not limited and one can make unlimited entries between the countries and is valid for 30 days.
If the testing period project Uni Visa For Zambia and Zimbabwe proves to be successful, according to African press countries like Botswana, Nmibia and Angola may join the project soon.
Uni Visa Requirements
- Uni Visa For Zambia and Zimbabwe can be obtained by nationals of following countries :
- Visa costs 50 USD
- Uni Visa is valid for 30 days and its not extendable,
- If 30 days expired and you need more days you can buy new visa again up to three times a year,
- Univisa is available fo purchase on Victoria Falls Airport, Victoria Falls land Border, Kazangula land Border (Border with Botswana), Harare Airport and Kenneth Kaunda Airport (Lusaka),
- With Univisa you can also enter Botswana, same rules apply.
PS: Please note this post is for informational use only. Visa requirements may often change, therefore we recommend to check official governmental websites for mentioned countries prior travelling. If you have travelled lately, please share the latest info in the comments!