There are some essentials that are always useful to have in your bag when travelling in Sudan:
- head lamp will save you every time there will be electricity cut, and believe us, it will be!
- solar charger for gadgets and cameras is perfect saviour when hiking in remote areas and of course, again every time there is power cut.
- Deet mosquito repellant (Malaria is existent in Sudan)
- hand sanitizers or disinfection spray
- Sun cream with high protection factor
- all copies of your travel documents, including travel insurance policy, passport, visa copies..
- lightweight clothes preferably made from natural, airy fabrics
- long sleeved cardigan for the evenings – nights and evenings can be chilly, its desert weather
- women – pack a headscarf to cover your head
- pack ALL cash you need for travelling in Sudan, ATMs are not working in Sudan!
Eat Like A Local – Must Try Foods and Drinks
While there is no alcohol in Sudan due to country laws, there is a culture of drinking tea and coffee. Must try black coffee with ginger and cardamom if you are a coffee lover! Try also Tamia balls, a Sudanese version of falafel, Kissra, Aseeda, goat meat and goat cheese,…